Whether you are an adoptee, an adoptive parent, or birth relative, the Welcome House Search Program can assist you if the adoption was processed through Welcome House or the Pearl S. Buck Foundation.
Who can request Services?
- Adoptees (age 18 and over), without permission from their adoptive parents
- Adoptive parents of children under age 18
- Birth relatives (age 18 and over)
What are the Services?
- Adoptees may request a copy of non-identifying information from their adoption file
- All parties may request a search to locate birth relative(s)
- All parties may request Confidential intermediary assistance with correspondance
Our Search Policy
Requests must be made in writing and the signature must be notarized. In accordance with Pennsylvania law, Welcome House may not release identifying information from adoption files. Also in accordance with Pennsylvania law, Welcome House may act as a confidential intermediary to search for birth relatives, and to facilitate a reunion if mutual written consent is obtained. If requested, Welcome House may also act as a confidential intermediary in the transfer of correspondence between reunited parties where at least one party wishes to remain anonymous.
If you would like more information regarding our Search Program, please contact us at (215) 249-0100 or email email@example.com.
1. Download a Search Information Packet
2. Mail in the completed and notarized (where required) documentation with the nominal fee
3. Welcome House retrieves the adoption file from our archives and provides the applicable requested services
Please note: The time varies greatly with each individual search.