with Pearl S. Buck International
Thank you for your interest in Planned Giving at Pearl S. Buck International!
Did you know that Pearl S. Buck International offers various planned giving opportunities that meet the charitable giving and financial needs of individual donors while supporting the humanitarian legacy of Pearl S. Buck? Such opportunities are called “planned gifts” because with thoughtful planning, they create “win-win” solutions for you and Pearl S. Buck International. This page provides information about some of the more popular Planned Giving opportunities. For more information, please contact your financial advisor or attorney. You may also contact Anthony Luna, Vice President of Relationship Development, email@example.com or 215-249-0100 x130.
Bequests - The Gift of Lifetime
One of the easiest ways to make a gift in perpetuity without affecting your assets during your lifetime is to include Pearl S. Buck International in your will. A bequest in your will or trust can be tailored to complement your financial goals and support our mission. If you decide to include a gift in a bequest intention, please contact us so that we can thank you and make sure that we have a clear understanding of your plans. Your notification will be treated confidentially, if you so desire.
Charitable Gift Annuity – A life income for you – and a gift to Pearl S. Buck International
Many of our donors have recognized the “win-win” mutual benefits that accrue to them and Pearl S. Buck International by taking advantage of this method of giving. A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract between you and Pearl S. Buck International that provides the following benefits:
• A guaranteed fixed income payment for life, a portion of which is non-taxable
• A guaranteed interest rate of return greater than money market rates, CD’s, and stock dividend payouts (example: a donor age 72 earns 6.0% guaranteed)
• An immediate charitable income tax deduction, keeping hard earned dollars in your pocket
• A reduction in capital gains taxes with gifts of appreciated securities
Annuitants (also known as beneficiaries) must be 60 years or older to begin receiving benefits and a minimum transfer of $10,000 or more in cash, marketable securities or other designated assets approved in advance by Pearl S. Buck International is required to fund a Charitable Gift Annuity. For a personalized illustration of how a Charitable Gift Annuity can help you meet your financial objectives, please call Anthony Luna, VP of Relationship Development at 215-249-0100 x130, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Suggested Gift Annuity Rates
*Rates are subject to change based upon American Council of Gift Annuities recommendations.
There are three primary ways to use life insurance policies to make a planned gift, each of which has its associated tax benefits:
• By transferring ownership of a paid-up policy to Pearl S. Buck International and naming us as your beneficiary, you can receive a federal income tax deduction equal to the lesser of the cash value or the total of the premiums paid.
• If you would prefer to make a planned gift but retain ownership of the policy, you may be eligible for an estate tax deduction (though not an income tax deduction) if you name Drayton Hall as a beneficiary.
• Another way to use life insurance policies to make a planned gift — and the most popular way to do so in recent years - is to use life insurance as a means of wealth replacement for your heirs. In this case, you might choose to donate an appreciated asset to Pearl S. Buck International - perhaps a piece of real estate or stock - because you can realize greater tax savings than by leaving the same gift to your heirs. Then with the amount you save in income taxes, you may be eligible to purchase life insurance with death benefits that equal the value of the gift you made to Drayton Hall. In that way, you provide for your family and for Pearl S. Buck International.
Gifts of Securities
You can transfer your securities to Pearl S. Buck International. We will sell your securities and the proceeds will benefit our programs. You receive:
• A gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them;
• You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate;
• You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose; and
• You can have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits Pearl S. Buck International later.
For more information on one or more of the above planned giving opportunities, please contact your financial advisor or attorney.
You may also contact Anthony Luna, Vice President of Relationship Development, at email@example.com or 215-249-0100 x130. There is no obligation and any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. You are also encouraged to seek the advice of your own counsel in matters relating to planned gifts, taxes, and estate planning.
Please Note: The information contained on this webpage is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal or tax advice. For specific information about any of the above opportunities, please consult your tax adviser or attorney.